|Airdate||August 25, 2008|
|Written by||Hunt Baldwin & John Coveny|
|Directed by||Kevin Bacon|
|Previous episode||Problem Child|
|Next episode||Split Ends|
|Episode list||Season 4|
|“||Add quote here.||”|
— Who said it?
The division becomes personally involved when Detective Sanchez's brother is shot to death in the street and Sanchez himself pulls out all the stops to find the killer.
- Oscar Sanchez
- Detective Julio Sanchez's little brother.
- Shot four times in the chest and died.
- Revealed to have been mistaken by Tony Guzman for a rival gang member.
- Murdered when he refused to take off his hat and mocked Tony.
- Oscar's girlfriend's ex-boyfriend.
- Recently paroled.
- Revealed to be innocent.
- Is commented to look like a puppet, hence his nickname.
- Juan "Gooz" Guzman
- Convicted gangster.
- Bought the murder weapon from an undercover ATF agent.
- Drove the car during the murder making him legally culpable.
- Tony Guzman
- Juan's fourteen-year old little brother.
- Identified as the killer by Oscar's girlfriend.
- Went hunting for a snitch from a rival gang and found Oscar Sanchez.
- Murdered Oscar when he wouldn't take off his hat.
- Will be tried as an adult for the murder despite his young age.
Closing the CaseEdit
- Sanchez summons the police to First and Indiana. First and Indiana is the center of East Los Angeles, where Sanchez lives, but is not a residential intersection.
- The motorcycle used by Sanchez in this episode is Raymond Cruz's own motorcycle. Cruz was born and raised in East Los Angeles. He is also literate in both Spanish and English.